In this episode Tom talks about what the Real Deal is about. He also talks about how to start a podcast in an hour.
How to start your own PodcastEdit
What you need to record a podcastEdit
- A Computer
- Microphone for your Computer
- Internet Conection
If you have all of those things, you can start a podcast in an hour.
Below are the steps that tell you how to start your own podcast:
- Download Audacity
- Download MP3 encoder (note the location of this file you will need to know where it is for later)
- Plug in the microphone
- Record your Podcast!
After you are done recording your podcast, here is what you need to do to get your podcast published:
- Edit your podcast
- Export your audio as an MP3
- Click File
- Select "Export as MP3"
- Locate the MP3 Encoder file
- Insert all the needed information
- Export your podcast!
- Upload your podcast to the internet (if you don't have a website or don't want to pay bandwidth fees, use ourmedia.org)
- How to post your podcast to the web
- Create a blog (if you want a free blog check out blogger.com)
- Every time you release a new episode, create a post with a link to your MP3.
- Create an RSS feed for your podcast
- Go to feedburner.com
- Set up an account and tell feedburner to create an RSS feed whenever you create a post on your blog.
Tom Talks about his posting on the Real Deal Forums that talk about experience converting the Real Deal Theme music from an AIFF (Mac file format) to an MP3. He finally paid for some sharware that Tom had bought before but it had expired. So he bought it again. The forum thread can be found here.